One of the final major steps in the amalgamation of Vanguard and Catalyst credit unions will take place over the weekend of June 15–18, when the banking system databases of the two legacy credit unions will be merged into one. There will be disruption to some services over the weekend.
Before Friday, June 15 at 5 pm
- Withdraw enough cash to last over the weekend, as ATM access may be limited
- Be prepared to pay for retail purchases by cash, credit card or cheque – your debit card may not work for Interac Direct Payment purchases
- Take care of routine banking before or after amalgamation weekend – Internet & Telephone banking and Mobile App will be unavailable
If you need immediate assistance on Saturday, June 17, the VIP Connect Service 1-877-226-7957 will be available 10am – 3pm or email email@example.com.
After Monday, June 18
- Your Personal Identification Number (PIN) for Telephone and Internet banking may be re-set. You may need to contact your branch for assistance (your log-in/user name will remain the same)
- The Catalyst Mobile App will no longer work, Members using the Catalyst Mobile App will need to uninstall it and download the Vanguard Mobile App from the App Store or Google Play
- Catalyst members will need to create a new, stronger password for Internet banking and re-register their Direct Alerts.
What’s not changing?
- The Personal Identification Number (PIN) for your debit card will not change
- Direct deposits and pre-authorized transactions will continue to be processed as usual
- Your cheques will still work through your account
- Your online bill payment vendor list and account histories will be carried forward
We apologize for any inconvenience, the disruption in services may cause. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact your branch.