Strong PAC (Personal Access Code)
Enabling strong PAC for our members offers a safe and secure way to access their online banking and provides the ability to use passwords with alphanumeric characters.
- Strong PAC must be a combination of 8-30 alpha and numeric values and must contain at least one upper case alpha, one lower case alpha and one numeric value. Special characters are optional.
- Member Direct will automatically prompt the user to change their password annually
- Previous 10 passwords cannot be reused
- Strong PAC only applies to online banking (desktop, mobile app, mobile web) it does not apply to telephone banking. Telephone banking users will continue to use their current 5-8 digit numeric PIN.
- Strong PAC will offer members Mobile Pay or Apple Pay in the future
NOTE – The PAC cannot be, changed via Mobile Web. PAC’s can only be, changed on MemberDirect Desktop or Mobile App.
Small Business Users:
- Member Direct Small Business Users with Consolidated Accounts – The consolidated accounts will not display until, such time as the member has updated each account (login) with a new strong PAC.
- Member Direct Small Business Users with Delegates – All delegates are, inactivated as a, result of the Strong PAC implementation. Therefore, the delegate will not have access to MDSB until, such time as the MDSB signer has logged in and made the delegate active again.
If you have any questions, please contact your branch.